The flagship expression of the Real de Minas Distillery, Don Amado Rústico is made using the historic method of slowly roasting fully-mature Espadín maguey hearts on firewood embers, before natural fermentation with airborne yeast and a slow double-distillation in ceramic pot stills.
The minero clay-pot still is quite prevalent on the nose with aromatics leaning towards ash, crushed walnuts, roasted corn, and savory spices. A bright, citrus Espadín maguey palate is well balanced against notes of caramel, butterscotch and fresh herbs.
- Master Distiller: Germán Bonifacio Arellanes
- Approx. 26 Bx Sugars from Angustofolia Haw Espadín maguey grown at 4,800′ in municipio of Sta. Catarina Minas, Oaxaca
- Halved & quartered (cogollo removed) agave earthen roasted for four days using mix of guamúchil and mesquite wood
- Cooked maguey macerated with proprietary blade spindle destrozadora shredder
- Fermented together with bagaso in 1,400L pine wood vats using airborne yeast strains
- Double distilled in burner heated ceramic pot stills to approx. 53% ABV and reduced with triple distilled demineralized water
- No aging, bottled at 47% ABV