Distilled in June 2001, 20% of this lot is comprised of tequila distilled in copper double column stills and 80% is tequila distilled in alembic copper pot stills. After distillation thespirits were married together, with 90% then laid into in American white oak previously used to age California red wine, and the remaining 10% barreled in used dark French Oak.The filled casks were housed for 12 years, at 3,800” elevation, in the town of Tequila, Jalisco in a cool-climate subterranean storeroom. Master distiller Enrique Fonsecadetermined that 45% ABV was the optimal proof for this remarkable 12 year selection.An enticing bronze hue and rich, oily viscosity build anticipation that is quickly rewarded once the bottle is opened. Lush aromas of red apple and soft floral vanilla lead to a moderatewoodiness displaying dry apricot, toasted almond and dark caramel, with a subtle pepperiness. A slightly higher alcohol proof extends a semisweet finish of buttered toast andgreen tea.