PORT CHARLOTTE 8 YO whisky 60.5% 700ml

  • SKU :LMDWportcharlotte8YO
  • Brand/Distillery : Bruichladdich distillery
  • Country of Origin : Scotland
  • Vintage : 8 years
  • ABV : 60.5%
  • Volume : 700ml

Port Charlotte is a former whiskey distillery located on the Isle of Islay on the west coast of Scotland that was originally scheduled to open in 2009 but was postponed to an unknown date due to the global financial crisis. Founded by the neighbouring Bruichladdich distillery, it was established in Port Charlotte in the buildings of the former Lochindaal distillery closed in 1929.

Its equipment comes from the old Inverleven distillery in Dumbarton which was demolished in 2003.

Port Charlotte brand whiskeys are distilled at the Bruichladdich distillery.

Famous single malt from the Isle of Islay, this Port Charlotte official version spent 8 years in sherry casks before being bottled at its natural strength.

Tasting Notes:

Colour ? Chartreuse sunshine.
Nose ? An updraft of sea spray and peat smoke greets you with spicy pepper and lemon aromas all exploding simultaneously. Spindrift on canvas sails with a tailwind of heather and myrtle. Then the sweetness of oak and malted barley burst through bringing calm for a while before you are swept onto the next wave.
Palate ? Viscous, rich and oily. Peat fire flavours and the mellow rich taste of sweet, oaky Demerara sugar toddy. Waves of Islay wash over the palate. An original Islay darm, unlike any other.
Finish ? Dreams come true and desires fulfilled! This prodigy of Islay?s west coast clearly shows that coastal maturation is THE key element as waves of marine notes add the vital spark to the oak sweetness of the spirit.

Port Charlotte was a Scotch whisky distillery on the island of Islay, off the west coast of Scotland. The distillery was based in the village of Port Charlotte on the grounds of the former Lochindaal Distillery 2 miles (3 kilometres) southwest from the Bruichladdich distillery. Port Charlotte Distillery was a purpose-built distillery, founded in 1829, which was still in operation until 1929. It was formerly called the Lochindaal distillery. The distillery was located in the center of Port Charlotte village. After various owners, the distillery was finally closed in 1929. However, the buildings have remained intact